This month started off with the Tauranga Brass Band coming to our centre to perform. It was lovely to listen to the tubas, trumpet, trombones and drums play together. A couple of the clients had the opportunity to conduct the band which was cool. Some of the songs they played were “Ben”, “I will follow him” and the “Goodnight KIwi”. We had photos with the musicians afterwards.
We had a FIFA World cup fun day where we came dressed in soccer gear. I wore a Manchester United shirt. We played a game of indoor soccer, then coloured in the flag of the country Panama that I picked from the initial 48 countries that qualified for the tournament to make a bunting. The bunting was strung up in the sports arena. We listened to songs from different countries and then guessed where they originated from. After lunch we watched the movie "The Big Green” about some soccer misfits. It was really funny.
No sailability again this month due to bad weather so my fingers are crossed for next month.
At the gym I am trying different routines and had a cardio day. This was a good workout for me. I like to work out on the treadmill and rowing machine followed by stretches.
I am continuing my community volunteering at Welcome Bay Palmers garden centre. I go every Monday and sweep the cobble stone paths to keep it looking nice and clean for the customers to browse the plants. It is a lovely place to work at.
With a couple of mates we walked up the Papamoa Hills. Not an easy climb but I completed it well and enjoyed resting at the top where we had lunch. It was quicker on the way down.
My woodwork project has begun. I have done some drilling and lots of sanding and it is starting to take shape.
No comments:
Post a Comment